Several products are there that are manufactured with the best of the materials like wrought iron, teak, etc. They offer much durability to the things. If you are buying one of those things you need to know how to maintain the things. In this article, we have provided certain tips that can help you to maintain the pieces of furniture for a long time.
- Most of the manufacturer recommends that a simple wash with soap and water works wonders for the furniture. They strictly forbid using any kind of chemicals for cleaning the furnishings. This is because they think that it can make it break down by disturbing its composition.
- If your furniture is made up of cast aluminum, wrought iron, or aluminum then it is advised that you should use a mild soap like the car washing ones for cleaning purposes. If it gets scratched to the base metal then one can sand it down using sanding paper. This will prevent rust oxidation from occurring. You can then paint it with a matching color.
- If at all the furniture is made of natural teak then after a certain period of time it will give rise to silvery gray patina. This is a common feature of teak wood. A good thing that you can do to maintain your teak wood furniture is that you can clean it thoroughly once a year. This can be done by dissolving the household bleaching powder in warm water. The cleaning will remove out the pollution particles, algae, etc. you can also apply a coat of teak sealers so that its quality remains the same for years.
- You can use frame covers so that the cushions clean. It is recommended that you should use breathable furniture covers. Never wash the products with pressure washers as it might destroy the quality of the cushion covers.
- If you are keeping the outdoor furniture beside your pool then you should be a bit more careful about the materials that you are installing there. Because of the humid environment the materials used can succumb to corrosion and decay if they are not looked after in a proper way.