- Synthetic pillows: Although these are relatively lightweight, cheap, and easy to bend and care for, they have the shortest durability span of all types of pillows. Plus, they flatten fairly quickly, needing replacement. Also, the filling tends to clump together, making it lumpy and extremely uncomfortable.
- Feather/down pillows: These are usually inexpensive, soft, and durable too, but they tend to poke through the pillow covering, plus, they’re spiky. Additionally, they don’t offer a whole lot of support to your neck or spine.
- Latex pillows: These pillows are one of the most durable, shapes itself to the contours of the head and neck. They hold their shape well, which might be a drawback as its height cannot be adjusted. Plus, it smells funny.
- Water pillows: They offer firmness and height, shapes itself to the contours of the head, plus, especially good for back and neck pain. However, they are sometimes noisy, and are not all that durable.
- Buckwheat pillows: They offer fairly good support, and fit according to the contours of the head and neck. And, although the height is adjustable and the pillow itself is durable, it will take some getting used to, as it can seem too firm for some people.
- Memory foam pillows: These are by far one of the best pillows to buy right now. Not only do they offer support and relief from neck and back pain, they are soft yet firm, smooth sans lumps, and easily contour to the shape of head and neck. Plus, they are amazingly durable, and easy to clean and wash as well. Initially though, they can be a bit heavy, smelly, and get hot since they’re not airy. Plus, they are relatively expensive too.
Among these best comfortable pillows available on the market, you need to choose the one that suits you and your needs best. After all, you spend one-third of your life sleeping; so it’s only fair that you find the best comfortable pillows to rest your head on, rather than picking the first one you come across. Due diligence, time, effort, and money that you invest in the best buy pillows is worth it.